An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Americans have the best healthcare in the world. Some, however, choose not be insured; others cannot afford it. Every American should be able to get health insurance coverage that is affordable, fully accessible, and portable. Coverage should meet their individual needs and put them in control. Those who propose a one-size-fits-all Washington-controlled program ignore the cost, inefficiency, and inadequate care that such a system offers. Access to affordable, portable health care can be made available for all Americans without imposing new mandates or raising taxes. Current government programs must also be streamlined and improved so that those who truly need help can get the health care they need. I am committed to a healthcare system that:
- Realigns programs and creates a system around individual consumers and patients by providing more information and more opportunities to choose affordable health care options that best meet their needs and those of their families.
- Improves the individual health of all Americans by shifting to a system that promotes cost-effective prevention, chronic-care management, and personal responsibility
- Modernizes delivery and administration of care by encouraging the widespread use of clinical best practices, medical information technology, and other innovations.
- Increases competition and consumer choice while streamlining regulations through free-market solutions that benefit individuals and reduce costs for employers.
- Promotes and speeds medical research and life-sciences innovation.
Grumps, ya really gotta dig a little deeper.