No Love Here!

20 September 2008, 4:27 pm. 6 Comments. Filed under 2008, 2nd Amendment.

Big HUGE H/T: Covertress

1. TexasFred. 20 September 2008, 9:27 pm

Imagine that… Me and Obama are complete opposites on gun issues… Who’d a thunk it?? :P

2. Gawfer. 21 September 2008, 7:27 am

Well,
    there was one question we agreed upon; that being registration. It’s the only way I know that slows down the arming of illegal jackasses that can come and buy the best weapons in the world then use them on Americans.

Other than that, he wouldn’t even get a kiss good night.

3. olbroad. 21 September 2008, 8:38 am

@Gawfer:

Seriously Gawfer, do you think people who break the law care about the law? Hmmmm…. One thing my dad always told me as a kid, when the gubmint wants to register all the guns, then they’ll be able to come a TAKE those guns. That’s stuck in my head for a LONG time.

4. olbroad. 21 September 2008, 8:46 am

@TexasFred:

Hmmm…. Me too! I’d say between the two of us, and MILLIONS of others, he doesn’t stand a snowballs chance. :)

5. Gawfer. 21 September 2008, 9:18 am

Like I said, Kate,

It slows ‘em down; it doesn’t stop ‘em. And frankly, I wanna know if a convicted felon or Mexican tries to buy a gun. Especially if he lives in my neighborhood. In otherwords, Gun stores are a place where law abiding citizens can purchase weapons. I wanna be the one who is armed legally.

6. olbroad. 21 September 2008, 9:26 am

@Gawfer:

Oh, I do understand your point, and I do agree there has to be a stop to the criminals getting guns, but I don’t think registration is gonna stop ‘em. Ever notice that the places with the most restrictive gun laws have the biggest crime rates? with some exceptions of course.

Hmmm….come to think of it, some of the worst crimes riddled cities in the country have Dhimmi mayors. Wonder if there’s a connection?