Spread The Wealth Around

30 October 2008, 10:16 am. 8 Comments. Filed under 2008, Economy.

Dear Fellow Business Owners

As a business owner who employs 30 people, I have  resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama wll be our next President, and that my Taxes and Fees, will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Customer will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 8%. I will also have to lay off 6 of my employees. This really bothered me as I believe we are family here and didn’t know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on my employees cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can’t think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

I am sending this letter to all Business owners that I know.

Courtesy of Mr Ol’ Broad.

1. cristina. 30 October 2008, 11:30 am

Yay!! Thanks for the idea!!

2. Hillman. 30 October 2008, 11:44 am

Great idea Mr. Ol’ Broad. I’m all for it and and can’t think of a better way to choose a person to lay off. I take it you’re an open shop and not part of any thug union?

3. TexasFred. 30 October 2008, 12:12 pm

Sounds like a stroke of sheer genius to me…

4. Robert. 30 October 2008, 12:16 pm

Now that is the fairest most sensible idea I have heard to date… YOINK!

5. Mr Ol Broad. 30 October 2008, 12:52 pm

@Hillman,  etal,
    That was not my idea-it came from my pal Polly in WI.  I was always self employed – no employees, no red tape.  Now I’m retired

red

tape back then – it’s just gonna get worse.

6. Mr Ol Broad. 30 October 2008, 1:13 pm

@readers of last comment – it had more content.  The spamfilter thingy is screwy:) Can anyone explain?

7. Robert. 30 October 2008, 1:28 pm

You are using “SpamFree” I have found that sometimes when your site is being accessed by more than one person spam free blocks one call to the DB… You must have been it.. Try it again.

8. olbroad. 30 October 2008, 5:07 pm

@Robert:

I think I was on his desktop under his log in while he was on his laptop, under his log on. LOL