An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 29 March 2009
1. Banning guns works, which is why New York, DC, and Chicago cops need guns.
2. Washington DC’s low murder rate of 80.6 per 100,000 is due to strict gun control, and Arlington, VA’s high murder rate of 1.6 per 100,000 is due to the lack of gun control.
3. Statistics showing high murder rates justify gun control but statistics showing increasing murder rates after gun control are “just statistics.”
4. The Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban, both of which went into effect in 1994, are responsible for the decrease in violent crime rates, which have been declining since 1991.
5. We must get rid of guns because a deranged lunatic may go on a shooting spree at any time and anyone who would own a gun out of fear of such a lunatic is paranoid.
6. The more helpless you are the safer you are from criminals.
7. An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.
8. A woman raped and strangled is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet.
9. When confronted by violent criminals, you should “put up no defense — give them what they want, or run” (Handgun Control Inc. Chairman Pete Shields, Guns Don’t Die – People Do, 1981, p. 125).
10. The New England Journal of Medicine is filled with expert advice about guns; just like Guns and Ammo has some excellent treatises on heart surgery.
For the other 30 reasons, go here.
Pic nabbed from Theo Spark.
Shared by Texas Fred’s via email.
In general, I don’t have a problem with Muslims. They are free to worship whichever god they choose….wherever they choose. I’d prefer it on the other side of the planet, or on a different planet altogether, but hey, that’s just me. Now, we have a POTUS who wants to push those who practice this religion of pieces on the American public.
“It was mostly under the radar,” Williams said. “We thought it would put (the president) in a precarious position. We didn’t know how closely he wanted to appear to be working with the Muslim American community.”
Under the radar? Well, what happened to all that transparency we heard about on the campaign trail? Were those lies too? I mean, seriously, we’ve had bills pushed through Congress, and signed into law, that NO ONE ever even read. Transparency?
In 1991, Mohamed Akram wrote a memo for the leadership of the Muslim Brotherhood that explained its work in America as “a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and God’s religion is made victorious over all other religions.”
Well, now. isn’t that interesting? The President of the United States is aiding in a Muslim takeover.
Last night, the Mr and I, along with quite a few others, celebrated Human Achievement Hour. While the moonbats of the world turned off their lights, and played on their computers, spouting how much more they care than others (I smell hypocrisy), we turned on every single light in the house, plus the numerous outdoor lights as well. I also did a load of laundry in my handy dandy washing machine, while another load dried in my handy dandy electric dryer.
How did you celebrate? Did you sit in the dark, like our ancestors, or did you celebrate man’s achievements?
……if it weren’t so pathetically, and disgustingly, true.
Due to the increased demand of our zeroes, they are in short supply. Please conserve your zeroes. The Federal government needs all we can get. Secretary Geithner says if we can link enough zeroes together we can end our financial crisis. There aren’t enough zeroes to form a long enough link.
Please send your extra zeroes to:
Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20220
He will distribute them where needed.