An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 13 July 2009
Is this what we can expect?
YES! And this is the crap that Obummer is going to be trying to shove down our throats?
1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”
2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people. When an action or tactic is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear and retreat…. [and] the collapse of communication.
3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty. (This happens all the time. Watch how many organizations under attack are blind-sided by seemingly irrelevant arguments that they are then forced to address.)
4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”
6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time….”
8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”
9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10. “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.”
11. “If you push a negative hard and deep enough, it will break through into its counterside… every positive has its negative.”
12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13. Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. In conflict tactics there are certain rules that [should be regarded] as universalities. One is that the opposition must be singled out as the target and ‘frozen.’
It should. These are the tactics the left, that clown in the White House and his minions have been using against those on the right. They are very good at it, because decency and the common good of the nation does not enter into their playbook. Said ‘playbook’? Straight from Saul Alinsky.
Moving forcefully on his top domestic priority, President Barack Obama told a powerful Senate chairman on Monday he wants legislation ready in the Finance Committee by week’s end, according to numerous Democratic officials.
These officials said Obama made his wishes known to Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., at a White House meeting attended by administration officials and senior Democratic lawmakers.
It was not immediately clear whether Obama expressed a preference for a bipartisan measure — which Baucus has been laboring over for months — or a bill tailored more to Democratic specifications.
The conversation underscored Obama’s determination to push legislation through both houses of Congress before lawmakers go home for a summer break late this month or in August.
No! NO! NO! And HELL NO!
No where in the Constitution of the United States does it give Congress, or the POTUS for that matter, any right, whatsoever to go into the health care business! They can’t even freakin’ balance a checkbook, but yet they believe they’ve got all the answers to what ails the country? THEY are what ails! PERIOD!
Shoving bills through that NO ONE has even read? And now trying to shove socialized medicine down our throats? Every thing that is wrong with this country right leads right back to Washington, D.C. It is WAY past time to get those jackasses out of there, and put in people who have actually READ the Constitution, and understand what it means!
I now have a working toity in my Bat Cave batroom! WHOO HOO!
From time to time, I participate in those very left slanted Zogby polls. Typically, they ask some totally irrelevant questions, for demographic purposes. This is a new one:
|Are you currently or have you ever been a member of the National Rifle Association?|
Now, you’ll excuse me if I ask the question…..what difference does it make if I’m a member of the NRA when the poll is about how I think the Obummer is doing wasting White House space and the uranium mining around the Grand Canyon? I’ve questioned why they want to know if I’m a NASCAR fan or not, but this one is off the wall. The answer to both of those question is “NUN’YA FREAKIN’ BIDNESS!”
Small Market Broadcasters Soon To Be Under Siege By Obama’s FCC
by J.D. Longstreet
Just a snippet:
Let us be clear on something. You may not like it, but it is fact, nevertheless. I once heard a preacher say: “You may not believe in hell, and that’s alright. But is still there, and you are still going!” The same holds true for what I am about to say. Right wing, conservative, talk shows saved the AM Broadcast Band in America. That is a fact whether you believe it, or not. I was there. I saw it. The AM band was done for. It had nowhere to go. It had tried everything, including “AM Stereo”, and nothing worked. The broadcast quality of the FM band was so far superior to AM that AM was a relic. AM stations were shutting down. They were being sold for a song. In some cases they were actually being given away! I’m serious. If, say, a company had an AM/FM Combo for sale, they’d sometimes sweeten the deal by GIVING the AM station to the buyer of the FM station! In some cases, some owners simply switched off the transmitter, locked he doors, and mailed their licenses back to Washington – and walked away. It was THAT bad. As I said, I was there. I saw it.
Go. Read the entire post!
I have never understood why there was a “Fairness Doctrine” in place the first time around. It was, and will be, a complete violation of the 1st Amendment. The left wants you ignorant. Just look at the state of the public education system. Our children are coming out about as ignorant as they went in, with one exception…..the libtard indoctrination has taken hold.