Ted is Dead

26 August 2009, 10:15 am. 21 Comments. Filed under Feckless Weasels.

I’m sure everyone has heard by now that Edward Kennedy has gone on to his great beyond. The Mr told me around midnight, and I wasn’t real sure how to feel about it. I tried to pray for his soul, but had a great deal of trouble doing so. Pretty bad, eh? :? I kept thinking of all the damage he’s done, not just to Massachusetts, but to the nation as a whole. Think HMOs. If you want to blame someone for the so called health care crisis, you can point your finger in his direction.  (Make sure you’ve got a finger or two pointing at lawyers too.)

No, my biggest problem was that I kept thinking of another family. One who lost of much loved child. So, in honor of Teddy’s passing….

mary_jo_kopechne_3

Mary Jo Kopechne grave

It’s truly a shame Mary Jo’s dad didn’t get to live long enough to see the day that his daughter’s killer finally got his just reward.

1. Carol Bishop. 26 August 2009, 10:41 am

Very well said and my feelings exactly. I wonder if any of Mary Jo’s family know how many people are thinking of them and praying for comfort for them.

2. Shadowblitz70. 26 August 2009, 11:48 am

I was waiting for you to post this, cuz I just wanna say GOOD! ROT IN HELL YA SONOVABITCH! ABOUT TIME!
    I dont care if someone is a “celebrity” or not, a bad person is a bad person. He definitely qualified. Hes alot of the reason our country is as screwed up as it is, not to mention Mary Jo.
    We can tell the people that are not only clueless, but completely STUPID and in denial are the aholes that will be acting like his passing was some sort of tragedy. mainly the braindead media.
    If someone wants the definition of clueless: watch them.

3. olbroad. 26 August 2009, 11:49 am

Heh.  I seriously overslept.  BIG time.  Reckon I was tired.  :D

4. TexasFred. 26 August 2009, 1:13 pm

The President, the Dems, libbers and RINOs can ALL sing his praises, that is the hypocrisy we ALL expected, but I am not going to honor a murdering son of an Irish bootlegger. I am hoping that Mary Jo Kopechne was waiting for him with a Louisville Slugger!

I have NEVER been a supporter OF Teddy Kennedy, and I won’t prostitute me, or my blog and become one now. I don’t intend to denigrate, nor will I celebrate his passing.

I can’t, in good conscience, and won’t, pile any honors on a man that was far less than honorable in my opinion!

5. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 2:17 pm

I am so glad that you didn’t do a poor teddy R.I.P.….I would have had to smack you!

6. olbroad. 26 August 2009, 2:55 pm

@Carol  I’m fairly sure those of us on the right are remembering Mary Jo a lot more than her killer.

@Fred….ain’t NO way I’d ‘honor’ that murderous piece of crap.

@cg  Are you freakin’ kidding me?  LMAO   I’m a lot of things, but I do my best not to be a hypocrite.

7. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 4:56 pm

Naw, Kate, I know you are not…but you have such a kind heart….

8. HeatherRadish. 26 August 2009, 5:37 pm

I’ve always felt a little sorry for his mother.  One son killed at war, two sons murdered, and the surviving son ended up being, well, Ted Kennedy.  Even with all the wealth and power her family had, that had to hurt her.

9. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 5:43 pm

Heather , not to mention that she was married to that horrible SOB Joe that had her daughter lobotomized behind her back…..
    But then again….she did marry him.

10. olbroad. 26 August 2009, 5:49 pm

Considering the household he grew up in….

cg, even my heart has it’s limits.  :?  And I’m trying to feel guilty.  It ain’t working.  Heh.

11. HeatherRadish. 26 August 2009, 6:36 pm

But then again….she did marry him.
    I wonder how much choice she had.  It was 1914, getting married was what daughters of “good families” did.  Her father refused to let her go to university, and their fathers were politcal cronies.

12. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 7:56 pm

“I just find her and Rosemary the only sympathetic figures in the whole rotten bunch.”
    Yes, I do too…but that really isn’t saying much is it? Doesn’t it fall in the poor little rich girl category?
    There was a Kennedy curse alright….ON AMERICA.
    Kate….it would be impossible for any decent person to feel guilty because they do not  feel bad about Kennedy assuming room temperature. The fact that you can’t whip up any guilt says what a decent person you are. I won’t be losing any sleep over charlie manson when he finally hits the HELLivator either…..same diff.
    Good riddance!!!!!

13. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 7:59 pm

Oops…I almost forgot. Do you know what I just heard that creep McCain say about old teddy?
    “He was a good and decent man”
    I kept waiting for him to add “for a murdering drunken rapist”….but noooooooo
    This must be why he thinks his “little” girl meggie is such a sweetheart…the man is a complete idiot!

14. olbroad. 26 August 2009, 8:03 pm

Y’know cg, I’m thinking even if McLame had won, we would probably be seeing the same crap as we are now….just not as extreme, or with such speed.

15. christmasghost. 26 August 2009, 8:29 pm

I think you are absolutely right, we would. And it would be even worse in one way…it would be ,ahem, “friendly fire”.
    You know….I have never been afraid of my government before, and afraid for my country. I haven’t despised any president before either…even Carter and Clinton. They were creeps and idiots but I always knew that one day they would be gone. And they were culturally Americans….although in Carter’s case that was iffy. But still, I knew that my country would still be America at the end of the day, and the end of their terms.
    I don’t feel that way now…..Obama is avery dangerous man and frankly, I’ll be surprised if we even have elections next year.
    I think I know how people felt when Wilson became president…..and even he was a peach compared to this unAmerican dillweed Obama.

16. olbroad. 26 August 2009, 8:37 pm

You are not alone ma’am.  Way more than you would imagine feel the same way.  They just aren’t speaking up…yet.  Oh, they’re supporting Tea Party people, maybe even going to a town hall, but aren’t quite ready to speak up.  They’re getting there though.

17. Fresh Conservative. 26 August 2009, 9:57 pm

“Hello Mr. Kennedy. Welcome to Heaven. I believe you already know Ms. Mary Jo Kopechne? The elevator heading down is over there Mr. Kennedy. Take Care.”

18. Shadowblitz70. 26 August 2009, 11:37 pm

I dont agree at all, that McCain would be doing the same things as Obama. I dont like McCain any more than you all do, but Obama is a WAYYY different breed of cat. Obama is on a MISSION to “change” *cough* ruin *cough* America as much as he can and as quickly as possible.

Oh, McCain might have been talked into a bill or 2 like the porkulus package, but I think overall he would have went down in history as a very lame and mediocre President. Obama will (If history is accurate and not warped by the media) go down as the most radical, damaging president ever in regards to our fundamentals, economy, soverignty and security. McCain isnt evil, hes just a moron. Obama is pure evil.

19. Peter. 27 August 2009, 12:09 am

When Mama Rose Kennedy died, she accidentally wound getting buried at sea because some idiot let Ted drive the hearse.

20. olbroad. 27 August 2009, 7:01 am

sb, McCain is so easily manipulated into “working with”, I’m fairly confident his first two years wouldn’t look a whole lot different.  Then again, you might be right.  We’ll never know.  At least if the old guy had won, we wouldn’t see ACORN and those of their ilk making policy and pushing bills to the floor.

Peter, you’re shameless.  Heh.

21. No Runny Eggs » Blog Archive » The Morning Scramble – Special Swimming Away Edition. 27 August 2009, 9:56 am

[...] Kate, who was inexplicably missed in McCain’s roundup, mourns the fact that Mary Jo’s dad didn’t outlast her daughter’s killer. [...]