A Real Interesting Read

14 October 2009, 10:59 am. 5 Comments. Filed under Health Care.

Is Health Care a “Right”?

Just a snippet:

Do you have a “right” to medical care? Is medical care free? Does it grow on trees? If you don’t pay for your own medical care, do you have a “right” to get medical care at other peoples’ expense? Do you have a “right” to have other people forced to pay for your medical care?

Let us walk through this important question to the clear answer.

What are “rights”? Where do rights come from? Are rights unalienable gifts from God? Are rights inherent to our nature as humans? Is the Bill of Rights (the first 10 Amendments to the U.S. Constitution) or the 14th Amendment the source of our rights? Or, are “rights” entitlements to stuff paid for by other people?

Please, go read the whole post. It’s worth your time.

1. Shadowblitz70. 14 October 2009, 2:28 pm

If people have the right to have me pay for their healthcare, then I demand the right to come into their home and make sure theyre living a healthy lifestyle, and doing all the things people should be doing. This starts a nice little precedent, doesnt it?

2. Sean. 14 October 2009, 2:33 pm

“If people have the right to have me pay for their healthcare, then I demand the right to come into their home and make sure theyre living a healthy lifestyle”

Isn’t the Government already trying to do that? Smoking Bans, Transfat Bans to name two ways.

3. olbroad. 14 October 2009, 5:04 pm

Yep Sean, they are.  Weasels of the first order.  :?

4. dsquared. 14 October 2009, 6:54 pm

Thanks for sharing!  Great piece!  I am gonna repost on Facebook.

5. olbroad. 14 October 2009, 6:56 pm

PH has a great mind!  Share away!  :) Just make sure to give her the credit, ok?