An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 21 November 2009
Santa Claus is fine at a North Carolina Christmas parade. But Mrs. Claus has to stay away.
Organizers of the Raleigh parade told The News & Observer of Raleigh that they are just following policy and children would be confused if there were two people in the Saturday parade in Santa suits.
John Odom says organizers even discourage parade watchers from wearing Santa hats so everyone’s attention is on the real St. Nick.
Mrs. Claus isn’t happy. Debra Goldman says she was allowed to don her gray wig and long red dress last year as she walked with the sheriff.
Odom says organizers didn’t know Goldman was dressing as Mrs. Claus last year. This year, she sent out a press release.
Goldman says she still might wear a Santa hat as she walks.
Are the people in North Carolina not aware that Mrs Claus has been part of popular ‘modern culture’ since the 1889? Rather pathetic. Even Macy’s had a drag queen in the role of Mrs Claus back in 2003. So, what is their problem? Kids can’t tell the difference between a guy with a white beard and a woman in a dress?
Well, watching the Senate on C-Span of course. Ok, I’m a sick human being, but a VERY concerned American citizen! If you were one of the people who spared yourself from the indigestion, the Senate was debating on cloture. Well, the citizens of these great United States lost once again to the march of tyranny. The vote was 60-39 FOR cloture, which moved that piece of garbage, Reid’s so called Health Care Bill, closer to law. How did your Senator do?
Mine had enough sense to to vote “NO”.
Obama Loses Head, Names KSM Terrorism Czar – Feed Your ADHD
Swatting Flies with the Wednesday Funnies from TFMo! – Christmas Ghost
I have no confidence in the Army’s investigation – This Ain’t Hell
KFC goes halal in Brooklyn, coming soon to Manhattan – creeping sharia
Heartbreaking – Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
A sign the nation is going to hell – Nashville Blotter
Here comes your man … – The Nigh Seen Creeder
Word from Israel – Camp4U
These two signs together make for sort of an odd duck – From Where I sit
Obama: Professed 9/11 mastermind will be convicted – Texas Fred’s
Silence on Islam Kills, from Hassan to Honor Killings – Sultan Knish
History Says US Is Headed For Hell On Earth – Survival4Chicks
NO! NO! 1O TRILLION TIMES NO! NOBAMACARE! – Atlas Shrugs
Obama’s Foreign Policy – Unplugged – The Black Sphere
Indonesia: Muslim clerics claim 2012 Movie a “Provocation Against Islam” – Infidels Are Cool
Eric Holder Getting all GWB on Us? – Rustmeister’s Alehouse
A DISPLACED HOMEOWNER AND A PERSON OF GENDER! – Th’ Dumb Ol’ East Texas Boy
Obama’s expatriate years – American Thinker
Hollywood Partnering with Islamists – Bear Creek Ledger
So is the Obama admin a bunch of liars or just incompetent - Right from the Right
AG Holder Wants National Gun Registration – Alphecca
Cat is Out of the Bag on the Health Care ‘Trojan Viper’ – Dakota Voice
The Warning Signs Were Out There. – RADARSITE
The Fruit is the Thing – Digital Publius
The Dangerous Incorrectness of Political Correctness – Freedom’s Cost
It Isn’t Just Guns In “Bars” – The World According to Oatney
It’s Burkha Barbie! No, Seriously. I’m Not Kidding. Really – Stop The ACLU
I’ve been watching the debate on the Senate floor, yesterday and this morning. Yes, I’m a glutton for punishment! :? I’ve noticed something quite telling. While the Democrats are speaking, I hear emotions. With the Republicans, I see and hear facts, figures, and logic. Am I biased? Perhaps. If I believed this bill would do anything to help in the costs of health care across the country, I would be a bit more supportive. But I get the impression that none of the Democrats have even read the bill.
Invoking the Bush years makes them look rather petty. Yes, Congress ran up the deficits during those years, and that’s why the Republicans lost the House in 2006. Does it not occur to them they will lose in 2010 for the same reason?
You may have seen this before, in some form or another. Personally, I had a sweatshirt that had some very similar sentiments. (Swiped from Real Conservatives.)
18 Signs of A Good (Progressive/Socialist/Communist) Liberal:
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression, and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than U.S. nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iranians, Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical changes in the earth’s climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV’s.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can’t teach 4th-graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
9. You have to believe that hunters don’t care about nature, but PETA activists do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe that Mel Gibson spent $25 million of his own money to make The Passion Of The Christ for financial gain only.
12. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
13. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
14. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, Gen. Robert E. Lee, and Thomas Edison.
15. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
16. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn’t worked anywhere it’s been tried is because the right people haven’t been in charge.
17. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens, transvestites, and homosexuals should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
18. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right wing conspiracy.