An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 23 November 2009
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
To quote the Dalai Lama: “Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people’s suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal.”
People of my age range (and prior) grew up with this Golden Rule. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, it got turned around. These days, it has become “Do unto others before they do unto you“.
So, with this in mind, I would like to make my demands.
1. Starting from today, I want 50% of the total worth of Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid. 50% of any future income, whether it be from investments or personal business dealings, will also be deposited into my personal account.
2. 40% of the income and accumulated wealth of all U.S. Representatives and Senators who voted to steal money from the American citizen will be confiscated, and deposited in my personal account. Likewise, any future sums will be deducted and deposited.
3. All remaining employees of the government, federal, state, and local, will hand over 30% of all personal worth. All future earnings will be treated in a similar manner as stated in #1 and #2.
Once these sums are deposited into my account, I will determine where said funds will be distributed, to include:
1. Faith based charities, to aid in job training. “A hand up, not a hand out.”
2. All pro-life organizations.
3. Drug testing for all government assistance recipients.
4. Law enforcement to aid in the security of our borders.
5. Law enforcement to aid in the round up of all illegals, with the purpose of deportation.
6. All funds necessary to support our military in any, and all, endeavors.
7. Public schools will no longer be run by unions with an agenda, and pay for teachers will be based on merit.
These are just a few of the projects on which I will spend said funds. I will be taking suggestions from fellow concerned citizens. No politicians will be allowed to add their suggestions. We’ve already had enough of their foolishness.
As for the astronomical debt incurred by said politicians, they will personally be responsible for the repayment. They will pass this debt along to their children, and their children’s children, so on down the line, until complete repayment has occurred.
So D.C., etc., now that the citizens of the U.S. of A. are “doing unto you”, how does it feel? Yeah, that’s what I thought.
Shared by Sue. Wish it hadn’t cut off!
Racing Toward Revolution?
by J. D. Longstreet
There is a strong undercurrent of anger just beneath the surface of American society these days. It is a “teeth-grinding” anger. It is hot and wrathful while, at the same time, cold and calculating. In short — it is in a state of “becoming”. Becoming what? It is becoming, I am very afraid, a spirit of revolution.
To anyone looking objectively at the USA today, it is clear — this country cannot survive as she is today. That is the reality.
The population is very nearly equally divided on practically everything. We are constantly at each other’s throats. We are fast becoming a bitter, unhappy, people. The famous American optimism is gone.
What happened? Socialism happened.
I got an email from a friend up there in the tundra this morning, and I just had to check out the guy to see if he was an actual person, and had really written the post. Turns out, yes, he really does exist, and he really did write it. So, I’m going to post it here. Some real interesting information about Sarah Palin that the LSM, and even supporters never bother to bring up. My posting this does not mean I’m a Sarah supporter, but it does mean that I, along with a vast number of people, am sick of all the bashing. H/T to Kathy
By Dewie Whetsell, Alaskan Fisherman.
As posted in comments on Greta’s article referencing the MOVEON ad about Sarah Palin.
The last 45 of my 66 years I’ve spent in a commercial fishing town in Alaska I understand Alaska politics but never understood national politics well until this last year. Here’s the breaking point: Neither side of the Palin controversy gets it. It’s not about persona, style, rhetoric, it’s about doing things. Even Palin supporters never mention the things that I’m about to mention here.
1- Democrats forget when Palin was the Darling of the Democrats, because as soon as Palin took the Governor’s office away from a fellow Republican and tough SOB, Frank Murkowski, she tore into the Republican’s “Corrupt Bastards Club ” (CBC) and sent them packing. Many of them are now residing in State housing and wearing orange jump suits. The Democrats reacted by skipping around the yard, throwing confetti and singing, “la la la la” (well, you know how they are). Name another governor in this country that has ever done anything similar.