This Thing Is Older Than I Am!

19 February 2010, 10:28 pm. 5 Comments. Filed under Just Cuz.

Fair warning….no doubt some people could be offended by this very old Bugs Bunny cartoon, but that’s their problem, not mine.  I can’t imagine how much screeching would be going if I actually posted THIS one!

Always loved Bugs, and I remember seeing this one on Saturday mornings.

1. drjim. 20 February 2010, 12:05 am

I remember the one with Yosemite Sam in it, although I’m I saw it in reruns!
    It’s called “satire”, people. No need to get your knickers in a knot!

2. TexasFred. 20 February 2010, 8:31 am

Damn, that IS old… :twisted:

3. Shadowblitz70. 20 February 2010, 4:03 pm

I used to see this one when I was a kid.
    For the ignorant out there, its spoofing STEREOTYPES of life in the south in the 1800′s.
    Stupid people will bitch about anything and scream until its removed from TV or public viewing.
    a few things to note when watching it:
    1. Bugs is actually doing his nails while wearing GLOVES
    2. The little bubble that pops in about the date doesnt seem to realize the cartoon was saying the civil war ended 90 years from the date the cartoon was made. DUH.
    3. Theres only ONE time a “minority” is spoofed, but MANY times white southerners are. More proof that stupid people are indeed stupid. They cant count.

4. Shadowblitz70. 20 February 2010, 4:11 pm

ok I watched the OTHER cartoon, and again stupidity rears its ugly head. Bugs isnt doing blackface to make fun of black people, hes doing Al Jolson, who was a popular performer from the 20′s through the late 30′s, its just a cartoon to get people to buy war bonds, because people back then knew who Al Jolson was.
    Thats it. Thats all.
    Its only “racism” if its done with a negative connotation, with foul intent, to intentionally casue someone distress…. imo.

5. olbroad. 20 February 2010, 10:41 pm

LOVE those old cartoons.  Just don’t make ‘em like that anymore, sadly.