An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading toward 70!
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run — Anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, ‘Did I wake you?’
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won’t wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM..
9. You can live ‘without sex but not your glasses.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off. (Well, it WAS, until last week.)
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
And you notice these are all in big print for your convenience.
ONE MORE THING:
Never, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, take a sleeping pill, and a laxative on the same night!
In other words….
“Old age is no place for sissies.” ~ Bette Davis
Shared by Cindy.