Government Perverts

30 April 2011, 7:36 am. 5 Comments. Filed under Crime, Feckless Weasels.

Texas Bill Would Make Invasive Pat-Downs a Felony

A former Miss USA’s claims of being groped during a pat-down at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport could be a felony under a bill gaining momentum in the Texas Legislature.

The bill would make it illegal for a security officer to intentionally touch someone’s private areas — even atop clothing — unless they have probable cause to believe the person is carrying something illegal.

Bill sponsor State Rep. David Simpson says the searches are removing people’s dignity.

Yes, they are. Having been a gropee, before the major gropers got started, I can tell ya, it is beyond uncomfortable. And no offer of dinner? I don’t think so! Not only are they violating the 4th Amendment, the humiliation of such invasive actions can be quite emotionally damaging, especially to young travelers.

I’m hoping that other states will follow Texas’ lead, and inform the federal government that we will no longer be abused by their over reaching offenses.   Until the so called airport security actually starts targeting those who DO pose a threat to our nation, I will NOT be flying…..anywhere!

1. Gary K.. 30 April 2011, 10:58 am

“And no offer of dinner?”

Heck, you don’t even get a kiss on the cheek!     :(

2. olbroad. 30 April 2011, 3:04 pm

Pfft!  Wouldn’t want ANY of ‘em smooching MY cheek….unless it was the southern one.  :twisted:

3. Mark Smith. 30 April 2011, 8:08 pm

Not sure how I stand on this..no pond intended. Dont want some ones hands on me and no x-rays, but we need to be protected.   We need to have a better way. We get the pat downs and we dont like it.  We get blown up or killed and we dont like it.

4. Mark Smith. 30 April 2011, 8:17 pm

Sorry.. pun not pond. Got fishing on my brain :)

5. olbroad. 1 May 2011, 6:41 am

Kind of figured it was something like that.  :)

If they’d do some profiling, it would definitely go a long way.  86 year old granny is not likely to have a bomb strapped on her bod.  Nor is a 4 year old.  The complete lack of common sense is beyond comprehension.