An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Mitt Romney captured the nation’s first primary election Tuesday, withstanding both stepped-up attacks by his Republican opponents and late slippage among voters.
With 17% of precincts reporting, the former Massachusetts governor had nearly 36% of the vote, followed by Texas Rep. Ron Paul with 24% and former Utah governor Jon Huntsman with 18%. Former House speaker Newt Gingrich and former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum trailed with 11% and about 10%. Texas Gov. Rick Perry lagged with less than 1% of the vote.
Ok, I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the brightest bulb in the box, but it seems to me that with just 17% of the precincts reporting, how can anyone project a winner? That leaves 83% of the precincts haven’t been counted. So, someone has decided that Romney has won, and that leaves those other people in the 83% of precincts that took the time to go vote, their vote doesn’t count?