An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 4 April 2012
Last week, on March 26, The Orlando Sentinel had this story with the headline:
The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that police sources say Martin was the aggressor on Feb. 26, knocking Zimmerman to the ground with a single punch and then climbing on top of the 28-year-old neighborhood watch captain and slamming the back of his head into the ground. Police say this account, given by Zimmerman, is supported by eyewitnesses, according to the Sentinel’s report.
One such witness reportedly told police that he saw Martin on top of Zimmerman, striking the man, while Zimmerman cried out for help. The attack left Zimmerman bloodied, police sources told the Sentinel, and led him to fire at Martin in self-defense.
Police say Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a fat lip and confirm that the back of his head was cut. He received first aid at the scene but refused to go to the hospital and received medical treatment the following day, according to the Sentinel’s sources.
So, if this information has been out for the last week or so, why isn’t it common knowledge? I mean, I knew about it, but I typically check more than one source for information. If these are actual facts in the case, evidently, facts don’t matter to the BCB, or the race baiters.
Question: Did the police take any pictures of Zimmerman’s injuries? If so, why haven’t they released them? Such pictures would go a long way to back up Zimmerman’s claim of being attacked.
Socialists and their comrades in the unions believe that human life is cheap and that people are merely “matter in motion,” explaining the litany of murders and atrocities committed by union operatives. Without the basis of respect for an individual’s right to life, it logically follows that they also lack respect for property rights:
• In 1905, Governor Frank Steunenberg (D-Idaho) was assassinated by members of the militant Western Federation of Miners, due to his refusal to cave to their demands.
• In 1990, the Teamsters Union in New York City struck against the New York Daily News, and pelted replacement drivers with bricks, rocks, and baseball bats, and one Teamster was charged with transporting Molotov cocktails.
• In 1991, Steelworkers Local 5668 in West Virginia was found responsible for committing over 700 act of violence against strikebreakers, including two house bombings, six house shootings, four arsons, and 43 death threats.
• In 1993, 16,000 members of the United Mine Workers went on strike in West Virginia. Non-union subcontractor Eddie York refused to walk out, and was shot in the head by union thugs. Callously endorsing the murder, Richard Trumka (now head of the AFL-CIO, and widely known as Obama’s puppet-master), said “if you strike a match and put your finger in, common sense tells you you’re going to burn your finger.”
• In 1997, Teamsters Local 769 in Miami ordered a strike against UPS, and UPS driver Rod Carter, refusing to strike, was stopped and stabbed with an ice pick while on his route. Another driver testified that union bosses sanctioned the stabbing.
• In 2005, Andrew Shomers of Laborers Union Local 91 in Buffalo, N.Y. pleaded guilty to vandalizing local housing authority offices and firebombing workers on an asbestos-removal project.
So it isn’t surprising that, as Wisconsin talk radio host Charles Sykes reports, there is “growing intimidation and escalating threats of violence” in Madison.
Yesterday, 15 Republican state senators received a chilling, death threat-laden email from a union supporter. The Daily Caller has reprinted that email. Here’s the text:
Please put your things in order because you will be killed and your families will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks.
Please explain to them that this is because if we get rid of you and your families, then it will save the rights of 300,000 people, and also be able to close the deficit that you have created. I hope you have a good time in hell. Read below for more information on possible scenarios in which you will die…
We have also built several bombs that we have placed in various locations around the areas in which we know that you frequent. This includes: your house, your car, the state capitol, and well, I won’t tell you all of them because that’s just no fun…
Please make your peace with God as soon as possible and say goodbye to your loved ones. [W]e will not wait any longer. YOU WILL DIE!!!!
There’s a reason I call them “union thugs”.
Here I am, getting ready to head down to Corinth so we don’t have to get up any earlier than necessary to get to the hospital, and what happens? They rescheduled. sigh… Ok, so next Tuesday, they’ll be shoving wires in me, and seeing what’s what. Evidently, there were some serious emergencies, and I guess things aren’t as bad with me as she made it sound? I dunno, but if I croak between now and then, I expect a few folks to raise a ruckus, and you KNOW who you are!
But ya know…I was really looking forward to going to the Chinese buffet for some serious chowing down. sigh…
One major plus….I do get to go to church tonight, and will be able to continue my experiment in gardening for the next couple of days. Although, come to think of it, I HAVE been a mite slow and sore today. Heh.
Dear Lord in heaven….this has GOT to be the most ignorant woman on the planet! Listen to the audio. Amazing! How the blazes does she keep getting elected? Her constituents have got to be even MORE stupid than she is!
The President’s Curious Speech Lacks Solutions
If you’re looking for an iron-clad indictment of Barack Obama’s failed fiscal policies, you don’t have to look much farther than the President’s own words in a speech he delivered yesterday at the Associated Press luncheon in Washington, D.C.
In what was seemingly an attempt to criticize House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) FY2013 budget plan — the only such proposal to emerge from either the House or the Senate — the President dredged up his stale complaints about President George W. Bush’s policies — many of which he has maintained — and turned to scary rhetoric about Trojan horses and social Darwinism in order to paint the conservative vision for fixing America’s budget crisis as a radical one.