An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for 26 April 2012
How do I know? Well, from their own mouths, of course.
A conservative FB friend, Scott, shared a comment left on his wall by an obviously mentally ill liberal:
We are all used to conservatives pushing our buttons. You are just one troll amongst a thousand but your days are numbered. We, as a country, are not going to tolerate Republican immorality much longer. Eventually we will have no choice but to round all you fascist criminals up, disarm you, and educate you until you learn how to behave like civilized human beings.
Ok, let’s pick apart this genius’ assertions, shall we?
We are all used to conservatives pushing our buttons.
Well, of course conservatives push the liberals buttons. It’s called logic and truth. Sadly, the majority are incapable of dealing with either.
You are just one troll amongst a thousand but your days are numbered.
Excuse me, but who is the ‘troll’ here? The comment was left on the conservative’s wall, not the other way around. Trolling has become an art form to the left. Some of the most ridiculous comments left on almost every conservative site have been left by self proclaimed liberal/progressives. Was that ‘your days are numbered‘ a threat? Hmmm….
We, as a country, are not going to tolerate Republican immorality much longer.
Here we have your blatant liberal line of caca de toro. “Republican immorality“? Seriously? Which party is it that promotes promiscuity? Which party promotes the slaughter of innocent babies, sometimes the result of the previously mentioned promiscuity. Which party “bears false witness” on a regular basis? Which party wants to steal from others? Which party pushes covetousness? Republican immorality? Massive fail dude!
Eventually we will have no choice but to round all you fascist criminals up, disarm you, and educate you until you learn how to behave like civilized human beings.
Wow! Where to even begin.
Ok…let’s try the definition of fascism:
any movement, ideology, or attitude that favors dictatorial government, centralized control of private enterprise, repression of all opposition, and extreme nationalism
Now, I don’t know about you, but it appears to me that this sad, mentally ill being hasn’t got a clue. That definition pretty sums up the ‘progressives’, don’t you think?
Disarm? As in violate our Constitutional rights? Isn’t that what Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc., did to their citizens? How many millions ended up dead because they were no longer able to defend themselves from people with this ‘liberal’ mindset? If you add up all the totalitarian regimes, the number will be well over a billion. That’s 1,000,000,000. BILLION…with a B.
Apparently, he also believes we need to be re-educated. Well, let’s take a look at such ‘education’. A bit of history is needed here. The term came from the North Vietnamese originally, where “the government imprisoned several hundred thousand former military officers and government workers from the former regime of South Vietnam“. The idea wasn’t to actually educate anyone. It was quite an effective tool for “revenge and a sophisticated technique of repression and indoctrination, which developed for several years in the North and was extended to the South following the 1975 North Vietnam takeover.” And this is what our mentally ill ‘friend’ wants for his fellow Americans?
Now, shall we talk about civility? I don’t even know where to start! I guess it’s true that a picture is worth a thousand words, so how about we do a bit of comparison, shall we? The pictures on the left are what this…person…considers civil, and those on the right are uncivil.
Yes indeedy! Definitely a mental disorder!
1. When moving to a new area, get to know a few people who have been residents longer, preferably, those who have lived is said area their entire lives. This way, when you need a plumber, or landscaper, you can ask the right people who are in the know.
2. After having chosen the wrong landscaper, due to NOT talking to long time residents, make sure you are aware what said wrong landscaper has planted, and what needs to be done to deal with unrecognizable plants on a regular basis. However, before anything is planted, ask for a list of intended foliage and look up how they will appear in the long run. If on said list, you find a plant that will stab you every time you get near it, cross said plant from wrong landscapers intended list. Do NOT, under any circumstances, allow that horrid black plastic garbage bag looking stuff to be inserted into flower bed, even though said wrong landscaper insists it will prevent weeds from growing. It’s a lie. And it rots.
3. Once the said wrong landscaper has finished planting foliage that is totally unfamiliar, be sure to attempt the upkeep of said landscaping. Keep the leaves and weeds, that were suppose to be prevented, from accumulating. I don’t care how incapacitated you are! Hire a kid or something, just don’t let it go for 3-5 years. Trust me! And never fall for the “I’ll do it later” routine from the spouse. If need be, do it yourself, even if said spouse is the ‘gardener’ in the family.
4. Having begun the cleanup of said flower bed that was badly planted, with nasty black garbage bag stuff and lots of accumulated dead leaves, remember where you put those muscles you haven’t used due to several years of inactivity due to health issues. Use them slowly, until you build up the ability to actually function more than 15 minutes at a time, without being incapacitated for the next 24 to 48 hours. Gardening/potting muscles are a completely different set of muscles from the leaf raking and black garbage bag yanking muscles, and need to be treated accordingly.
5. Always, when you see something sprouting up in your flower bed, and you KNOW it doesn’t belong there, pull it out! Letting said sprout grow into a tree is not wise. Attempting to pull said tree out, by yanking on roots you find while pulling out rotting black garbage bag stuff may cause more problems than previously thought. Example: Using two hands for pulling stubborn roots is a good idea, however, pulling so hard that when said root finally is extracted from hard ground is likely to land you are your hind end on previously mentioned hard ground, bruising the wide, yet highly non-cushioned tush. I need a doughnut, and I don’t mean the kind you eat!
6. Once your spouse sees you laying on said hard ground after several minutes of ouching and laughing, request a hand up, cautiously. When spouse suggests you call it a day, it might be a good idea to actually listen, instead of attempting to use already sore raking muscles a while longer. Odds are, you will run into one of those spiky type plants you weren’t aware was going to be planted by bad landscaping guy.
7. After deciding enough is enough, and you are in more pain from previous fall on hind end, use extreme caution when going up steps. It is more painful than you might think.
8. Fire ants suck.
As Israelis celebrated the Jewish State’s 64th Independence Day, terrorists from Gaza fired a rocket at the Ashkelon Coast Regional Council late on Wednesday night.
The rocket exploded in an open area. No physical injuries or damages were reported.
The rocket attack comes after terrorists fired a pair of rockets into southern Israel on Monday afternoon. One fell in the Ashkelon Regional Council, while the other fell in the Shaar Hanegev Regional Council.
Neither caused physical injuries or property damage.
When we went to Israel back in 2008, one of the places I was looking forward to visiting was Ashkelon. There are a lot of archaeological digs, and a whole lot of history there, and since we like that kind of stuff, it was definitely on our itinerary. We had already paid for the hotel. We lost our money. Why? Because of crap like this! While we were there, those oh so peaceful and oppressed Gazans were lobbing bombs into the city.
God creates, Satan destroys. Now, someone please tell me how these animals are oppressed…again? The Israelis have made the desert bloom, the so called palestinians wait for someone else to provide for them, while promoting destruction, murdering the innocent, including their own children. Psst! There is no such thing as a ‘palestinian’!
Stopping the Cyber Espionage Threat
From the moment that Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, America learned that it is not an impenetrable fortress protected by thousands of miles of ocean, and on September 11, we were tragically reminded of that fact. Likewise, there is a new kind of threat to the United States that knows no territorial boundaries, but this one travels neither by land, by sea or by air. It’s the threat to America’s cyber security, and today Congress has the opportunity to do something about it.
Whether you know it or not, hackers are busy at work all around the world striking the United States via the Internet in an attempt to steal valuable intellectual property and sensitive information. Using the same methods, these perpetrators of cyber espionage could attack the critical infrastructure that keeps America running, such as the nation’s power grid and water supply.
….I thought this graphic found on Heritage from the IRS might assist in their understanding of the issue:
You’ll also notice, that those in the middle ‘class’ bracket pay more than the tier above them. Wonder why that is? Because the government is doing it’s best to kill the “middle class”.