Trivia

30 January 2013, 10:36 pm. 34 Comments. Filed under History, Just Cuz.

Six trivia questions to see how much history you know. Be honest, it’s kinda fun and revealing.
If you don’t know the answer make your best guess. NO CHEATING!

Who said it?

1) “We’re going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good.”

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. None of the above

2) “It’s time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few…… And to replace it with shared responsibility for shared prosperity.”

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. None of the Above

3) “(We) …..can’t just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people.”

A. Nikita Khrushev
B. Josef Goebbels
C. Boris Yeltsin
D. None of the above

4) “We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own … in order to create this common ground.”

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il
D. None of the above

5) “I certainly think the free-market has failed.”

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. None of the above

6) “I think it’s time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched.”

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. None of the above

Answers

(1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004
(2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007
(3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007
(6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005

and this was before she hit her head!!!

Shared by Jerry.

1. TheBunker. 30 January 2013, 11:24 pm

Crap! I got them all wrong. I guess that just makes it worse, considering they were all made by the next president. Although Hillary and Kerry 2016 does have a nice ring to it.

2. Armed and Larry. 31 January 2013, 1:38 am

I got them all wrong too, my thought was king obummer. I wonder if Hillary will blame Bush too?

3. Beverly. 31 January 2013, 8:35 am

I thought they were all Obama, too. My bad.

4. Maggie@MaggiesNotebook. 31 January 2013, 1:02 pm

Wow! Very clever! I obviously failed big time?

5. Kathleen. 31 January 2013, 1:31 pm

It shows how smart one is. Yeah right, I flunked this pop quiz big time, lol. Thank God there is no grade on this.

6. Blueish. 31 January 2013, 2:28 pm

Starve the bardies! And I thought her looks were scary….

7. Bill. 31 January 2013, 5:23 pm

I don’t have the siting for it, but there is also “We must do away with this idea of the individual”…

8. olbroad. 31 January 2013, 7:50 pm

Y’all don’t feel like the lone stranger! I got ‘em all wrong too. LOL

Well Bill, I think we should start with her. :D And her cronies!

9. Trixie B. 31 January 2013, 9:00 pm

Yikes! I got them all right!!!!!

10. olbroad. 31 January 2013, 9:12 pm

Dang! I am truly impressed! LOL

11. ZZMike. 31 January 2013, 10:22 pm

Related item: When and where did the term “politically correct” (or its equivalences, like “political correctness”) originate?

In 1933, in an article in the Soviet newspaper Isvestia, reported here in the US in the Christian Science Monitor.

The term was later picked up by Chairman Mao.

This begs the question: why are we today saddled by a term that came out of Communist Russia?

12. olbroad. 31 January 2013, 10:34 pm

Darn good question. :? Well, I would think it’s because if you don’t go along with the party line…aka politically correct…. you get ridiculed by those who have fallen in line? That doesn’t quite get it, but since the meds are working… LOL

13. youngerthananolbroad. 1 February 2013, 8:24 am

I got all the ‘correct’ answers, but for the wrong reasons…so did I pass or fail??

14. olbroad. 1 February 2013, 8:33 am

Hmmm… I reckon that all depends on what those “wrong reasons” are?

15. Steven. 1 February 2013, 5:40 pm

100% – but that’s kind of sad, really.

16. olbroad. 1 February 2013, 6:06 pm

Naw Steven, just means you’re well informed. :D

17. ZZMike. 1 February 2013, 8:21 pm

youngerthananolbroad: According to today’s education theories, it doesn’t matter whether you’re right or wrong, just so long as you feel good about yourself.

18. TheBunker. 1 February 2013, 8:41 pm

Hey, I feel good about myself, but I think most of the leaders of this country are wrong. Should this make me feel bad about myself or good about myself? Do the leaders of the country want me to feel bad about myself so I won’t think they are wrong? Maybe I should feel good about myself and feel right about them. Would that make me and them feel good about each other? Maybe, just maybe I should feel good about myself and be right knowing they are just a bunch of slimeballs who want to confuse me about them being right when they are wrong because it makes them feel good about themselves and me feeling bad and wrong. If this sounds confusing, well welcome to my world. Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit smoking, drinking and taking under the counter medication.

19. ZZMike. 1 February 2013, 8:49 pm

TheBunker: Don’t make things more complicated than they are. We’re right, they’re wrong.

The problem is, they get to make the Rules.

20. olbroad. 1 February 2013, 9:38 pm

Yep ZZ, and we need to affect a REAL change! I felt good about myself when I got a good grade on a test. I didn’t need the teacher patting me on the head like a dog, as it appears is today’s ‘reward’. ggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

21. ljcarolyne. 1 February 2013, 9:50 pm

Just saw ‘Killing Hitler’ on the Military Channel. Hitler said similar things in a different way of course. These are all communist views (ideas) that Hitlary and BHO have reworded for their own words. That is why if you missed them, you really got them right in a way, history repeats itself and there is nothing new under the sun. These ALL are highly controlling manipulating greedy people that think they have people fooled. THINK AGAIN MISSY!
    Hitlary, you don’t fool anyone that has haLf a brain, let alone God, he’s got your number, yeah I spell her name that way because she is that way.
    I knew it was Hitlary or Obummer – same difference.

22. ZZMike. 1 February 2013, 9:50 pm

olbroad: They don’t seem to understand that self-confidence (and “feeling good about yourself”) comes from achievement, not mere existence. Even trying and failing can be good – if you don’t give up.

23. olbroad. 1 February 2013, 10:14 pm

ljcarolyne, there are many parallels, which SHOULD scare the bejabbers out of people, but …… they’ve been named ‘low information voters’. I call ‘em willfully ignorant. sigh…

ZZ, I totally agree. It just chaps my hide to know that my grandkids don’t have to know how to spell correctly, as long as it’s ‘phonetically’ right. Pfft! We’re raising a generation of “I’m here, you owe me”. Drives me up the wall. I’m trying very hard to teach my youngest granddaughter that how she interacts with others now, and what she learns in school, will have a HUGE affect on her future. I don’t get to see her as often as I’d like (700 miles), but her dad does his best to counter the public indoctrination system. :D

24. norma brown. 2 February 2013, 3:28 am

I got them all right, i.e. I knew it wasn’t any of the listed answers — because it could only be an American Marxist who was making the comments. I thought at least a couple of them could have been from The Dude, or anybody in the Socialist Democrat Party of America, but not surprised it was Hillary Clinton. Three intellectual peas in a pod, her and Barack and Karl.

By the way, try my site — you’re ornery, I’m an opinionated bbbb…road.

25. olbroad. 2 February 2013, 8:17 am

LOL I think the last time anyone called me ornery….was my dad. Heh. Although, I’ve no doubt there are a few who have said it since, just can’t remember. :D ‘bbbb’? And I did. I like. :D

I guess the problem with the quiz is that it could all be interchangeable. You’d hope it wouldn’t be the type of thing an American would say, but more and more…. How did we manage to allow ourselves to sink to such a depth? *shakes head*

26. olbroad. 2 February 2013, 8:54 am

Oh, and Norma? I got a post outta ya! :D

27. ljcarolyne. 2 February 2013, 10:38 am

olbroad: Our best defense for grands: Use this and keep standing biblically correct on it as if it were a matter of life and death.
    “Our righteousness is unto our children’s children.” Intercede for them and what is left of our country. There still are believers out there, just know, Our weapons are not carnal but mighty to the pulling down of strongholds.”
    We are the winners they are the losers, boy are they ever!
    Great Trivia, I like it, I love it, I want some more of it! Thanks, plz pray for
    the five year old boy being held hottage in a bunker by a God only knows what the hell? that ole guy is.
    If I were his parents when there son is safe:
    I’d skin that guy alive, among other things!

28. olbroad. 2 February 2013, 12:48 pm

Been praying for that little fella daily. I also pray whatever devil got a hold of that old fart will let go! grrrr

Unfortunately, my grandkids don’t actually live in a Bible based home. Don’t get me wrong, my daughter and son in law are good people, just a little off target. sigh… Long story. But I do talk to the youngers about what’s what when I get the chance. :D

29. Welles. 3 February 2013, 12:00 pm

I nailed this “test,” because all of the great political figures listed as choices would have espoused or articulated their “political philosophies or positions” in a more affirmative fashion; not so commonly “contra this” & “contra that.”

30. olbroad. 3 February 2013, 12:36 pm

Maybe it was the paraphrasing that threw us? LOL

31. ljcarolyne. 4 February 2013, 10:13 pm

So grateful the little 5 year old boy is out of that bunker – that ole devil is dead, thanks God. Prayer works – when we trust God in Christ and believe. This is why it is so important to pray for America and rebuke the devil in the White House, and his evil Regime.
    Romans 8 – tells us, Verse 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. So many promises from the Word of God – we must take a stand, spiritually – fight the good fight of faith!

32. olbroad. 5 February 2013, 9:45 am

If people don’t recognize evil for what it is, we are in big trouble. :?

33. edge of the sandbox. 5 February 2013, 11:17 pm

I passed, but I thought it was all Baraka.

34. olbroad. 6 February 2013, 8:34 am

Me too. :? Surely sounds like crap he, and his fellow tyrants would spew.