An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
Archive for Dhimmicrats
The State Department ducked a hearing Friday that will focus on the case of imprisoned American pastor Saeed Abedini, just days after the leading U.S. representative to the U.N. Human Rights Council declined to specifically address the pastor’s case during a meeting on Iran’s human rights record.
Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., chairman of the Capitol Hill commission holding the hearing, slammed the Obama administration for turning down the invitation to testify.
“It is amazing,” Wolf told FoxNews.com. “I can’t, almost, believe it.”
I can believe it with no problem at all! When it comes to American citizens whose lives are in imminent danger, they turn their backs. Just take a real good look at Benghazi, and remember 4 dead Americans because no one had the decency to provide adequate protection!
A Wolf aide said despite repeated attempts they didn’t hear back from the department until Thursday, when the department said no one was available.
Wolf voiced skepticism at the excuse. “The building is loaded with people,” he said of the State Department.
“The very fact that the United States government is not speaking out sends a very powerful message,” Wolf said.
Abedini converted from Islam to Christianity in 2000 and became a U.S. citizen in 2010 after he married his American wife. The Iranian government does not recognize his American citizenship, though it had enabled him to travel freely between both countries until this past summer, when he was pulled off a bus and placed under house arrest, according to his supporters.
It really should come as no surprise to anyone that the Obama administration would do nothing to aid in the release of this young man. If he was a Muslim, I’ve no doubt the John Kerry himself would be there speaking out against the injustice. But then again, if the man had not converted to Christianity, none of this would even be an issue.
The Obama administration has publicly called for Abedini’s release. But Naghmeh Abedini recently told Fox News that she has not received a phone call from President Obama or the secretary of state.
In prepared testimony for Friday’s hearing, she plans to say she is “disappointed” with the U.S. government.
“I am disappointed that our president and our State Department have not fully engaged this case – disappointed that this great country is not doing more to free my husband, a U.S. citizen. We are both proud to be American citizens. And I expect more from our government,” she plans to say.
Join the club dear lady! There are plenty of us out here whose disappointment in this administration is monumental. The fact that the POTUS and the Secretary of State hasn’t reached out speaks volumes! But the POTUS is too busy with other things, like taking golf vacations. If they aren’t doing anything to aid the man who helped get bin Laden, why on earth would they do anything to help a man imprisoned by a thug nation?
My prayers are with my brother in Christ, his wife and family. I also pray that this administration would snap out of its self centered stupor, and do its Constitutionally mandated JOB….protect American citizens!!!
What the blazes is the point of getting rid of ObamaCare if you keep the taxes? ObamaCare has already screwed up medical care, increasing the cost of EVERYTHING, including insurance premiums. You know, that thing that Obama claimed would NOT increase your premiums. Just one more lie from this administration.
Perhaps if they would do more to prevent fraud, there would be billions of dollars in savings. But alas, this isn’t a priority of the feds.
While I see a lot of good in this summary of Ryan’s budget, there is so much more that could be done. Yes, D.C. has a spending problem, no matter what Pelosi or Obama says. End the unconstitutional spending and we just MIGHT see some major improvements. That won’t happen though, because Washington doesn’t give a damn. It’s not their money they are wasting on useless crap! They have made us ‘slaves’ to their addictions.
First Look at the 2014 Ryan Budget
At first look, the budget unveiled today by House Budget Committee Chairman Paul D. Ryan (R-WI) advances much-needed reforms and importantly accomplishes the crucial goal of balancing the budget within the decade, though this is partially on the coattails of Obama’s tax increases. Not a silver bullet, it is more of a stasis budget, rather than a bolder plan that builds on the reforms of previous years.
There are six things that each budget from the House, Senate, and President should accomplish. These are laid out in the Heritage plan, Saving the American Dream, which:
- Balances the budget in less than 10 years, without raising taxes, and keeps the budget in balance thereafter;
- Swiftly overhauls entitlement programs, including Social Security, to guarantee economic security to seniors while making the programs affordable;
- Repeals Obamacare in its entirety;
- Fully funds defense;
- Rolls back discretionary spending; and
- Rolls back recent tax increases with a sweeping, growth-oriented tax reform plan and caps taxes at the historical average of 18.5 percent.
Here’s how, at first blush, the Ryan plan measures up:
As completely exhausted as I was last night, I actually stayed up and watched the filibuster to the very end. I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed with those who stood up with Rand Paul, and am disgusted at those who didn’t. ONE Democrat had the cojones to speak. ONE! And it was Dick Durbin, of all people! Granted, from what I heard, he wasn’t exactly on board, but at least he stood to speak. I don’t think he’s ever said a thing I could agree with, but there’s always a first time for everything. Even a Hollyweird liberal asked where the Dems were, so you KNOW that now all people are NOT in favor of the government having the power to take down American citizens with a drone on American soil. If there is an imminent danger, they have some really good sharp shooters in a variety of law enforcement organizations!
It is positively shameful that, apparently, only 12 Senators are against the murder of citizens by this administration! But I’ve no doubt, they’ll go ahead and confirm that “jihad is a natural tenet of Islam” John Brennan. The thought that an American president would pick such a person to head the CIA is beyond reprehensible! But then, this president doesn’t much care about America, or Americans, and has no use for the U.S. Constitution, nor the God given rights of her citizens.
Does anyone else find it hypocritical that those who shouted the loudest about water boarding are totally silent about the possibility of the government murdering American citizens on American soil? I guess it’s true….it’s only wrong if a Republican is involved, and anything this administration is just peachy. When the goverment comes for them, who will be left to speak out?
5th Amendment: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
“I rise today to begin to filibuster John Brennan’s nomination for the CIA. I will speak until I can no longer speak. I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our Constitution is important…”
That was Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) on the Senate floor yesterday just before noon. With the help of several conservative Senators, he continued his filibuster until after midnight.
In an unexpected twist during Brennan’s confirmation fight, these Senators have raised uncomfortable issues for the Obama Administration. Despite failing to head off the earlier confirmations of weak national security nominees like Chuck Hagel and John Kerry, conservatives are digging in on Brennan.
Once again, we have a marginally suited nominee with questionable policy choices and actions in his past. Brennan is being savaged for being the originator of and prime mover behind the overuse of drones and for ignoring the ideological basis (radical Islam) of the terrorists the U.S. is now facing.
According to a Colorado Bureau of Investigations report obtained by Media Trackers, State Representative Rhonda Fields (D-Aurora) was arrested in 1976 on a charge of larceny and again in 1991 on a charge of shoplifting. Despite her own criminal record, Rep. Fields has sought to limit the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens.
Now, you know full well, if this was a Republican, she would NEVER have been in the state legislature! She would NEVER have gotten into the race for that seat, or any other seat. But that just shows you the difference between Ds and Rs…. Rs don’t elect criminals! It’s common practice for the Ds! Just look at the House of Representatives…. Maxine Waters, Charles Rangel, etc. This person in Colorado is your typical Democrat hypocrite!
We’ve had this conversation before, several times. The first I can recall was back in 2007, when the ‘minimum wage’ was raised to $7.25, made mention of it in 2008, when the Dem Congress was already spending us into oblivion, Bush was letting them. Just last year, we had this discussion as well. I’m sure there were others between those, but that will do for the time being. You see, this is what you get when you have incompetent boobs running the show….people who have never run a business, has no idea how things work in the REAL WORLD, and most likely never worked for minimum wage in their lives.
I see no point in repeating everything I’ve said previously, other than the lack of common sense in D.C. is mind boggling, and no one was ever meant to support a family on ‘minimum wage’! IMHO, the federally mandated minimum wage should be done away with entirely, and let companies decide what an employee is worth. If they suck, then they will be fired, or paid less than an employee who actually does the job required of them. It’s not that complicated. Government just makes it so.
Busting 5 Myths About the Minimum Wage
When someone says “minimum wage,” what comes to mind?
Do you think of teenagers flipping burgers? Or a single parent trying to feed several kids?
While President Obama and other proponents of a higher minimum wage want you to visualize that single parent, the truth is that a burger-flipping teenager or college student with a part-time job paints a much more accurate picture of the minimum wage in America.
In his State of the Union address, President Obama called for an increase in the minimum wage from $7.25 to $9 an hour. Today, Democrats in Congress are arguing that the President didn’t go far enough, proposing an increase to more than $10 an hour.
Minimum-wage increases reduce the number of entry-level minimum-wage jobs available—actually hurting many of the workers proponents want to help.
And who are these workers?
The President and others keep going back to five key myths about minimum-wage workers. Heritage labor expert James Sherk has already debunked them all.
I honestly don’t know why this woman is still in Congress. Even her constituents can’t be THAT DUMB, can they? If you want to know why this country is so screwed up now, it’s not just because Obama is in the White House, it’s because there are people like THIS in Congress!!!
As if we hadn’t already seen enough Biblical events this year, a plague of over 30 million locusts swarmed over Egypt’s cities and farms just three weeks before Passover begins. But put your apocalyptic fears to rest. This happens every year as part of the locusts’ natural migration pattern, though this year’s swarm is especially large. That doesn’t mean Egyptians aren’t freaked the heck out by millions of nasty bugs buzzing through the air at all hours of day and night, possibly descending upon the agriculture fields where they’re known to destroy entire crops, just like in the actual Passover story.
Just how do they know that God didn’t send a few extra locusts to make a point? Well, I guess we just don’t know, but considering that the government of Egypt is anti-God, I guess there is that possibility.
A comment left by Paolo Roberto on the article: Egypt has locusts, America has Obama and the congress, both destroy everything they touch.
Well, now, I don’t think I could put it any better. Yep, we have our own locusts. They are called Socialist Democrats.
Acting like very spoiled child! It’s too early in the morning to want to punch my computer, but there he is…rambling like a damn fool, saying NOTHING!
I don’t know why I’m surprised when guys like this behave like a 2 year old having a temper tantrum…it’s what they do. Yeah, there are a few Dems who are capable of having a rational conversation, and behave like adults, but Keith Ellison isn’t one of them. Minnesota should be ashamed that they have re-elected such a person. If my Congress critter behaved in that manner, which she never would because she’s an adult, with class I might add, I’d do everything possible to see that she never embarrassed me like that again. Get a grip MN’s 5th! If this is the type of person that represents you, then, the problem IS you!
John Hawkins took the time to come up with ONLY 20 Of The Most Embarrassing Moments In The History Of The Democrat Party? Now you KNOW there are a whole lot more, some that could rival those listed. But hey…if ya gotta whittle them down to only 20, this is a pretty good, and very telling, list. PAY ATTENTION LIBTARDS!
1) The Trail of Tears (1838): The first Democrat President, Andrew Jackson and his successor Martin Van Buren, herded Indians into camps, tormented them, burned and pillaged their homes and forced them to relocate with minimal supplies. Thousands died along the way.
2) Democrats Cause The Civil War (1860): The pro-slavery faction of the Democrat Party responded to Abraham Lincoln’s election by seceding, which led to the Civil War.
3) Formation of the KKK (1865): Along with 5 other Confederate veterans, Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest created the KKK.
4) 300 Black Americans Murdered (1868): “Democrats in Opelousas, Louisiana killed nearly 300 blacks who tried to foil an assault on a Republican newspaper editor.”
5) The American Protective League and The Palmer Raids (1919-1921): Under the leadership of Woodrow Wilson, criticizing the government became a crime and a fascist organization, the American Protective League was formed to spy on and even arrest fellow Americans for being insufficiently loyal to the government. More than 100,000 Americans were arrested, with less than 1% of them ever being found guilty of any kind of crime.
6) Democrats Successfully Stop Republicans From Making Lynching A Federal Crime (1922): “The U.S. House adopted Rep. Leonidas Dyer’s (R., Mo.) bill making lynching a federal crime. Filibustering Senate Democrats killed the measure.”
7) The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment (1932-1972): Contrary to what you may have heard, Democrats in Alabama did not give black Americans syphilis. However, the experimenters did know that subjects of the experiment unknowingly had syphilis and even after it was proven that penicillin could be used to effectively treat the disease in 1947, the experiments continued. As a result, a number of the subjects needlessly infected their loved ones and died, when they could have been cured.
8) Japanese Internment Camps (1942): Democrat Franklin D. Roosevelt issued an executive order that led to more than 100,000 Japanese Americans being put into “bleak, remote camps surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards.”
9) Alger Hiss Convicted Of Perjury (1950): Hiss, who helped advise FDR at Yalta and was strongly defended by the Left, turned out to be a Soviet spy. He was convicted of perjury in 1950 (Sadly, the statute of limitations on espionage had run out), but was defended by liberals for decades until the Verona papers proved so conclusively that he was guilty that even most his fellow liberals couldn’t continue to deny it.
10) The West Virgina Democrat primary is rigged by John F. Kennedy (1960): From an interview with the late, great Robert Novak.
John Hawkins: You also said that without question, John F. Kennedy rigged the West Virginia Democratic primary in (1960), but that the Wall Street Journal killed the story. Do you think that sort of thing is still occurring with great regularity and do you wish the Journal had reported the story when it happened?
Robert Novak: In my opinion, they should have. They sent two reporters down to West Virginia for six weeks and they came back with a carefully documented story on voter fraud in West Virginia, buying votes, and how he beat Humphrey in the primary and therefore got the nomination. But, Ed Kilgore, the President of Dow Jones and publisher of the Wall Street Journal, a very conservative man, said it wasn’t the business of the Wall Street Journal to decide the nominee of the Democratic Party and he killed the story. That story didn’t come out for many, many years — 30-40 years. It was kept secret all that time.
11) The Bay of Pigs (1961): After training a Cuban militia to overthrow Castro, Kennedy got cold feet and didn’t give the men all the air support they were promised. As a result, they were easily defeated by Castro’s men and today, Cuba is still ruled by a hostile, anti-American dictatorship.
12) Fire Hoses And Attack Dogs Used On Children (1963): Birmingham, Alabama’s notorious Commissioner of Public Safety, Democrat Bull Connor, used attack dogs and fire hoses on children and teenagers marching for civil rights. Ultimately, thousands of them would also be arrested.
13) Stand In The Schoolhouse Door (1963): Democrat George Wallace gave his notorious speech against integrating schools at the University of Alabama in which he said, “segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.”
14) Escalation In Vietnam (1964): Lyndon Johnson dramatically escalated our troops’ presence in Vietnam while he simultaneously put political restrictions in place that made the war unwinnable. As a result, 58,000 Americans died in a war that ultimately achieved none of its aims.
15) Chappaquiddick (1969): The Democrats’ beloved “Liberal Lion” of the Senate, Ted Kennedy ran off the road into a tidal pool with passenger Mary Jo Kopechne in the car. Kennedy swam free and then spent 9 hours plotting how he would reveal the news to the press while she slowly suffocated to death.
16) Democrats Deliver South Vietnam To The North (1975): “In 1975, when there were no Americans left in Vietnam, the left wing of the Democratic Party killed the government of South Vietnam, cut off all of its funding, cut off all of its ammunition, and sent a signal to the world that the United States had abandoned its allies.” — Newt Gingrich
17) The Iranian Hostage Crisis (1979-1981): 52 Americans were held hostage by the government of Iran for 444 days. After Jimmy Carter’s disastrous, failed rescue attempt, the hostages were finally released after Ronald Reagan’s inaugural address.
18) Bill Clinton turns down Osama Bin Laden (1996): In Bill Clinton’s own words, “‘Mr. bin Laden used to live in Sudan. He was expelled from Saudi Arabia in 1991, then he went to Sudan. And we’d been hearing that the Sudanese wanted America to start meeting with them again. They released him. At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America.’ — Bill Clinton explains to a Long Island, N.Y., business group why he turned down Sudan’s offer to extradite Osama Bin Laden to America in 1996.” Had Bill Clinton accepted Sudan’s offer, 9/11 would have likely never happened.
19) Bill Clinton was impeached (1998): Clinton became only the 2nd President in American history to be impeached after he lied under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky.
20) America loses its AAA credit rating (2011): The United States was first given its AAA credit in 1917, but it couldn’t survive Barack Obama’s record breaking spending. In 2011, America lost its AAA credit rating.
Oh yeah…there are many, MANY more, but this is a pretty good start!
Oh…wait…that’s right! It’s total BS! Snap out of it! They are jerking your chain!
Juan Williams use to have a little bit of sense, once in a while. Sadly, not anymore!
….doesn’t mean they aren’t after you.” Infamous quote from Kurt Cobain. Yep, the left says we’re paranoid, but is it really paranoia when you see something like this in the Seattle Times?
One of the major gun-control efforts in Olympia this session calls for the sheriff to inspect the homes of assault-weapon owners. The bill’s backers say that was a mistake.
A mistake? Did you not read the bill?
I spoke to two of the sponsors. One, Sen. Adam Kline, D-Seattle, a lawyer who typically is hyper-attuned to civil-liberties issues, said he did not know the bill authorized police searches because he had not read it closely before signing on.
“I made a mistake,” Kline said. “I frankly should have vetted this more closely.”
Well, there’s a DUH! Why is it that politicians slap their names on something without even reading it? Is it any wonder that people don’t trust politicians?
H/T: Clash Daily
HEY! Republican elitists! THIS is what you are suppose to do! Stick to your oath of office, and stop playing footsie with those who want to destroy the country!
All three network morning shows on Friday ignored the fact that the ex-San Diego mayor who gambled away an astonishing $1 billion is a Democrat. ABC’s Good Morning America, NBC’s Today and CBS This Morning covered Maureen O’Connor and explained how she wasted most of the money on video poker. But none of them mentioned the party affiliation of the politician.
GMA’s Josh Elliott simply related, “A former mayor of San Diego has admitted to gambling away a staggering $1 billion, including millions that she took from her late husband’s charity.”
It’s always safe to assume that any time a politician gets in big, BIG, trouble, and the party affiliation is not mentioned, said criminal politician is a DEMOCRAT!
I gotta ask….how the blazes can one person gamble away ONE BILLION DOLLARS???? Obviously, this broad spent more time gambling than doing her job. Oh yeah…she’s a DEM! Getting paid for a job they don’t do is normal!
Just when ya think no more stupidity can fall out of Shelia Jackson Lee’s mouth…there she goes! Proving to the world just how ill informed she truly is. Of course, those people who continue to vote for her are what has been pegged as low information voters. Perhaps it’s time someone educated them, so we’d no longer have to hear her racist screed? Wouldn’t that be nice?
A little history for Mzzzzzzzzzzzzz Lee. Lincoln was a Republican. Slave owners were Democrats. Many Democrats left Congress and went with their home states after they seceded. Every black elected to any body, federal, state, or local, level, were all Republicans. No, Mzzzzzzzz Lee. You are NOT a freed slave. You are still living on your massa’s plantation!
It just boggles the mind that MSNBC continues to give left wing lunatic, Chris “Tingles” Matthews, a forum. Haven’t they shamed themselves enough by now? No, guess not. A suppose ‘news’ channel, with lower ratings than the Paint Drying Channel, and they obviously can’t figure out why. It’s not that complicated. Y’all suck! You do NOT report the news, you have raving madmen, and women, spewing hatred on a daily basis, and 99.999% of the time, they are WRONG on EVERYTHING. Can’t figure it out?
Comparing Sen Ted Cruz to Joe McCarthy? Seriously? HEY, DIPWAD! McCarthy was RIGHT!
But Tingles lied. Shocking, I know. He DOES use Mccarthy’s name on a regular basis!
On July 28, 2010, Matthews whined that Republicans like Michele Bachmann use “Joe McCarthy tactics.”
On April 2, 2010, the journalist lashed out at Rush Limbaugh for using the word regime. Matthews fumed, “I don’t even think Joe McCarthy ever called this government a ‘regime.’”
On Thursday, Matthews trashed Cruz: “Well, the jackals are in the street tonight.” Would Matthews so casually refer to a Democratic Hispanic senator as a “jackal?”
It’s a shame that a sitting Senator, Claire McCaskill, fell into his hate spewed, RACIST, blather. She ought to be ashamed! OOOPS! I forgot! Democrats have no shame!
Apparently, not only does Marco Rubio scare the bejabbers out of the left, making something out of nothing, so does Ted Cruz! THAT’S RACIST!!