An Ol' Broad's Ramblings
In case you aren’t aware, the definition of a humanist doesn’t quite jibe with this garbage that would deny children a little joy.
1. a person having a strong interest in or concern for human welfare, values, and dignity.
2. a person devoted to or versed in the humanities.
3. a student of human nature or affairs.
4. a classical scholar.
5. ( sometimes initial capital letter ) any one of the scholars of the Renaissance who pursued and disseminated the study and understanding of the cultures of ancient Rome and Greece, and emphasized secular, individualistic, and critical thought.
7. of or pertaining to human affairs, nature, welfare, or values.
8. ( sometimes initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the humanities or classical scholarship, especially that of the Renaissance humanists.
9. of or pertaining to philosophical or scientific humanism.
Nope! Doesn’t quite jibe, does it!